If you’ve been following the trading prices for gold here on our website, you’ve noticed that prices have been trending up since Brexit and the presidential election.
Why have trading prices seen an uptick? There are many theories. One is that people are expecting the Trump presidency to be good for business and the economy in general. Therefore, people will start to buy more luxury items like jewelry and high-end watches. And if jewelry production rises, the price of gold could increase. (The worldwide production of jewelry did slump slightly over the last four years because people were feeling economic jitters.)
Another reason for higher gold prices could be something as simple as optimism. Brexit and the election of Donald J. Trump are both something new. And when change occurs, some people spend more.
Will Gold Prices Continue to Rise?
We are gold refiners and recyclers, not market analysts. But nonetheless, it seems probable that due to all the change that has just taken place in the world, the recent increase in gold prices will be more than just a bump on a graph. It seems likely that prices are trending up, and could continue to do so for months, or even for several years.
If that is the case, what are your best gold investment strategies? If you believe that gold prices will continue to rise, here are two to consider…
- Invest in gold coins and bullion now and wait for trading prices to rise even more. How much should you buy? That is the $1 million question, of course. You could buy a small quantity to “feel out” the situation – but you might later discover that you should have bought even more. Or you could invest big in coins and bullion now – but you might discover later that prices did not continue to rise. Investing really is gambling, and it is smart to keep that in mind.
- Ramp up your efforts to collect recyclable gold. Buying recyclables can offer you a double payback on every dollar you invest. First, by investing in the right recyclables, you can acquire gold at below-market prices. Second, by acquiring gold at a time when it seems to be increasing in value, you are positioning yourself to profit in the future.
What Kind of Gold Recyclables Should You Buy Today?
Fortunately, you are reading this blog right now, so why not spend a little time reviewing our previous posts about gold recycling? You’ll find focused advice and information on investing in many forms of recyclable gold that include…
- Cell phones, computers, remote controls and other electronic devices.
- Old jewelry.
- Used plating supplies like sputtering targets, plating tanks and electrodes, and even filters and drain pipes from plating tanks.
- Old eyeglass frames.
- Scrap from aerospace and aeronautical sources.
- Mine waste and gold-bearing sand deposits.
- Ore deposits from old gold mines.
- Dust, bench sweepings and scrap from jewelry factories and repair facilities.
And When You Have Gold Scrap to Recycle…
Give us a call at 800-426-2344 and talk to our precious metal recycling consultants. We’re here to explain how to turn your found gold into cash. We may even be able to offer you free or discounted shipping on items you send to us for testing. Be sure to mention this post and ask.
Why It Pays to Have Mining Ores Analyzed for Precious Metals
Don’t Let Precious Silver and Gold Go Down the Drain
Lock in Future Gold Price Increases Today… Why a Specialty Metals Pool Account Could Be Your Best Investment Today
Eliminate the Middle Man and Get More $$$ for Old Gold Jewelry