Careers – Marketing Intern
Get Hands-On Marketing Experience!
Specialty Metals has been the top choice in the US for secondary refining of Gold, Silver and Platinum Group Metals for more than 32 years, for companies in the industrial, electronic, jewelry and mining sectors. Our company is experiencing exciting growth and, we are seeking the right people to join our team. This is an opportunity to gain real world experience while building connections with, and being mentored by, smart, innovative leaders in the specialty metal business. For the right candidates there are huge networking opportunities for future employment. We thrive on mentoring our interns and helping them learn as much as possible during their time with us.
About the Opportunity
Our head of marketing had some pretty bad internships when he was in college and has vowed never to have an intern lose out on a learning and hands-on marketing experience. This is not about filing or getting coffee. You’ll be working, researching and implementing marketing programs that will drive our business. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented individual to gain valuable marketing and communications experience. You’ll work closely with our founder and his senior advisors on projects that include media, segmentation, email marketing, social media, UX/UI & Search Marketing (SEO and PPC – if you don’t know what those are now, you will when the internship is over).
- Contribute to a wide variety of marketing, communications, social media planning and content development programs
- Gather and interpret data to test pages, launch new campaigns or update content
- Learn how to use Google Analytics to drive future marketing programs
- Explore any other marketing idea that pops up during your time with us
What You Should Have:
- Availability of 15+ hours a week/Weekend hours available.
- Interest and ability to work remotely
- A degree (or be pursuing a degree in) in marketing/communications or related field
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Willingness to do what is required to achieve the end goal
- Motivation to work hard in a fast-paced company
Ready to trade your classroom learning for hands on experience?
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Intern” as the subject.