Questions? Call us at 800-426-2344.
How To Recycle Your Circuit Boards
We make it fast and easy to recycle your company’s circuit boards – in fact, you’ll be paid upon completion of processing, usually within 25 to 35 business days from the day we receive your circuit board scrap. Even though we customize every transaction to meet the specific needs of your company, here are our standard terms for refining electronic circuit board scrap:
Processing Time: Typically completed within 25 to 35 business days from date of receipt.
Payment Schedule: You will be paid immediately upon completion.
Form of Payment: Company check, bank wire transfer or the return of bullion.
Metal Pricing: We price your metals using the New York and London markets.
Pool Account: If you prefer to leave your metals unpriced, you may open a pool account at no additional cost.
What Kind of Circuit Boards Can I Recycle?
You can send us the following circuit board scrap to be refined and recycled:
- Circuit boards from computers, electronics and telecommunication scrap:
- Desktop and laptop motherboards
- Daughter cards (network, video, expansion cards, etc.)
- Hard drive circuit boards (no platters or cases)
- Server and mainframe boards, cards, backplanes, etc.
- Telecom/networking equipment boards
- Cell phone boards (batteries must be removed)
- Military circuit boards
- Computer scrap
- Circuit board scrap
- Printed Circuit Board scrap
- Electronic Scrap
- E-waste scrap
- Motherboard scrap
- Shredded Circuit Board scrap
- We do not accept whole computers, monitors, power supplies or hard drives or other whole components
- Boards must be free of all batteries, cadmium/mercury switches, and as much excess metal as possible (aluminum, copper heat sinks, etc.)
See the other forms of electronics Specialty Metals accepts here.
Refining Rates and Fees for Circuit Boards
Minimum Lot Size:
(smaller quantities can be processed on higher grade material)
10,000 to 25,000 pounds: $0.75 per pound, net weight received
25,000 to 40,000 pounds: $0.50 per pound, net weight received
Custom quotes available for smaller and larger quantities depending on material quality.