University Science Departments
Recycle your old, worn, or unused platinum labware, crucibles, wire and more from your university’s science department and laboratory.
University science laboratories and science departments are a treasure trove of precious metals. Over the years, Specialty Metals has worked with over a hundred different university science departments and labs to help them recover the value for numerous precious metal products that are no longer needed. Some of the high value precious metals that can be found in the lab include:
- Crucibles, dishes, lids and covers (platinum, gold, palladium, iridium)
- Tongs, stirring rods, clamps, molds and more (gold, silver, platinum, palladium)
- Wire and gauze (gold, silver, platinum, palladium)
- Sponge and powders (gold, silver, platinum, palladium)
- Chemicals (gold, silver, platinum, palladium)
- Electrodes (platinum, palladium, iridium)
- And anything else that contains gold, silver, platinum, and palladium
Complete our online request form or give us a call at 800-426-2344 today with any questions you have. We’d be happy to answer any questions for you and provide complete terms for processing your precious metal materials.
HOW WE WORK
Call us to discuss the precious metal scrap you have and we will provide full terms for processing & an estimate.
SEND US YOUR MATERIALS
Send us your material using USPS Priority or Registered Mail, UPS, or FedEx
Once your scrap is received, we will process it and send payment within the quoted time period.