Questions? Call us at 800-426-2344.
How To Recycle Your Platinum Alloy
We make it fast and easy to recycle your company’s platinum alloy – in fact, you’ll be paid within 3 weeks of the day we receive your platinum alloy scrap. Even though we customize every transaction to meet the specific needs of your company, here are our standard terms for refining platinum alloy scrap:
Processing Time: Typically completed within 14 to 21 days from date of receipt.
Payment Schedule: Payable immediately upon completion of the processing.
Form of Payment: Company check, bank wire transfer or the return of bullion.
Metal Pricing: We price your metals using the New York and London markets.
Pool Account: If you prefer to leave your metals unpriced, you may open a pool account at no additional cost.
What Kind of Platinum Alloy Can I Recycle?
You can send us the following platinum alloy scrap to be refined and recycled:
- Platinum laboratory products, including, but not limited to:
- platinum crucibles and platinum lids
- platinum gold alloy crucibles
- platinum evaporation dishes and basins
- platinum electrodes
- platinum tipped tongs
- platinum mesh screens
- platinum inoculating loops
- platinum parting trays
- platinum filter cones
- platinum combustion boats
- platinum solder
- platinum blanks
- platinum triangles
- platinum spoons
- Platinum gauze, wire, strip, sheet, sponge, etc.
- Platinum sputter/sputtering targets
- Platinum Cobalt alloy
- Other platinum group metal targets
- Platinum foil
- Platinum flake
- Platinum bars, coins, ingots
- Platinum medical catheters, EP catheters, tips and rings
- Platinum sponge
- Bench sweeps containing platinum and other platinum group metals
- Polishing dust / sweeps containing platinum and other platinum group metals
- Grindings containing platinum and other platinum group metals
See the other forms of platinum Specialty Metals accepts here.
Refining Rates and Fees for Platinum Alloy
Platinum Group Metal Content:
98% of all Platinum Group Metals
$10.00 per troy ounce
Minimum Lot Size:
5 troy ounces