Why a Specialty Metals Pool Account Could Be Your Best Investment Today
Where are you right now with your plans to recycle precious metals? Do you have a “mixed bag” of different materials that you just haven’t gotten around to recycling – maybe a batch of 500 catalytic converters that you haven’t processed, a jumbled mess of platinum thermocouple wire, a small batch of gold scrap, plus boxes of welding rods that you think contain silver.
It’s overwhelming. How are you going to figure out what you have and what it is worth? How will you know when the right time comes to sell it? Should you wait until prices hit the right levels, and how will you know when that happens? And while you’re trying to answer those questions, you do nothing.
If that sounds like you, we invite you to consider a Specialty Metals Smelters and Refiners Pool Account. Our Pool Account offers you significant benefits, including the ability to sell your metals for the highest prices in the future.
How Does a Specialty Metals Smelters and Refiners Pool Account Work?
- You send us your recyclable precious metals and materials. We establish your account. You can set it up with a mixed bag of different items that you have, including catalytic convertors (minimum lot of 500 or more), silver bullion bars, quantities of old gold-filled eyeglass frames, even quantities of photographic or x-ray film that contain silver.
- We immediately process the materials that you send us, send you a full report that shows the content of your scrap or other recyclables. Please note that timing depends on the kind of material that you send us; some materials can be processed in days, others can take longer.
- You can contribute additional materials to your account as you wish in the future.
- When you tell us to, we will sell your precious metals at the then-current trading/market prices and pay you the value of your Pool Account.
What Advantages Does a Pool Account Offer?
- You can take advantage of future price increases by having us liquidate your precious metals only when prices reach a point that you specify.
- You control the value of your holdings, and can sell them quickly, anytime you wish – you don’t need to wait until prices rise and have your materials processed then.
- You can stop paying the costs of owning and storing your holdings, such as storage and insurance.
- You might be able to enjoy other financial benefits, including the ability to defer capital gains taxes on the sale of your precious metals until you ask Specialty Metals to issue you payment for what is held in your account. Please make sure to consult your attorney or tax preparer to decide whether that option is available to you.
Want to Know More?
To learn more about the advantages of a Specialty Metals Smelters and Refiners Pool Account, call us today at 800-426-2344. Mention this blog post and ask about reduced or free shipping for your precious metals.
Discovering Precious Metals: Answers to Four Common Questions
Four Tactics for Finding Precious Metals at Estate Sales
How You Can Make Tons of Money Recycling Precious Metals in 2015
Recycling Precious Metals: Our Top Blog Posts of 2014